Aerodrom Maribor Letališka cesta 10, 2312 Orehova vas

Travel documents

Travel documents

Travel documents

Documents needed for transportation of passangers and baggage are:

  • ID – every passenger needs an valid personal document – ID or passport and if needed visa and vaccination conformation,
  • Airline ticket
  • Boarding Pass, Boarding Card
  • Excess baggage Ticket,
  • Unaccompanied Minors (UM ) – for children traveling alone
  • MEDIF (Medical Information) – for passengers with special needs or health issues
  • Passport for animal and vaccination conformation – in case you travel with pets.


Traveling documents should be carried with you. Each passenger is responsible for meeting the entry or transit requirements for a specific country. Children are also required to have their own identity document. Before travelling make sure your passport is valid for at least six months.

Passports do get lost and although it will take time getting a replacement, it may be helpful to take photocopies with you. It may also be worth carrying additional photographic ID separate from your passport.

Airline ticket is not transferable.

For travels within the borders or Schengen-countries no passport control is done, you have to have only valid ID.

A driving license is not considered a valid document for travel.



Some countries now require travel authorization in advance, in addition to having a machine readable passport. The system is referred to as ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). The process is run by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and should be completed in advance online: